Training and DevelopmentAHSS offers best in-class ABA therapy training
Autism Home Support Services believes in investing in our team so that our clients’ investment in us is most productive. Our initial training program includes classroom overview of autism spectrum disorder characteristics, professional conduct, and ABA basics. Autism Home Support Services uses a Skills Coach Competency Assessment to gauge and develop team members in key areas of competency such as:
- Preparation/Structure of Session- Notes, organization, pace, transition, breaks, engagement
- Table Work – Materials, use of SD’s, balance, consistency
- Prompting –Appropriateness, fading, avoiding inadvertent, correction procedures
- Data Collection – Data sheets, recording, flagging
- Reinforcement – Pairing, role of self, differential, labeling, intonation, body language, facial,“working for”, preparation, FUN
- Incidental Teaching/ Programmed Opportunities – Manding, intraverbals, environment, control of reinforcers, motivation
- Behavior Intervention
AHSS requires all Care Team Members complete 30-40 hours of industry best practice online training including interactive quizzes. Our methodology includes knowledge based and skills based evaluations as well as ongoing coaching.
Quarterly refresher training include updates for First Aid, CPR, Prevention/Physical Intervention , and Teaching Methods. Training is offered for parents and others on a periodic Workshop Fee basis.
Individualized training by experienced Care Team Members and Supervisors is a core component of our program to assure that Care Team Member skills are developed and adapted to individual client needs and are developing to meet competency requirements over time.