Training and DevelopmentAHSS offers best in-class ABA therapy training
Autism Home Support Services is driven by our mission, our core values, and our passion to help families that have children with autism spectrum and related disorders. We thrive on creating a positive difference in a child’s overall development and long-term success. That’s why it’s so important to us to provide every member of our team with the right tools and knowledge to make a difference. By empowering our team, we can better empower real progress toward hopes and dreams for our families.
As a leader in ABA therapy, AHSS is known for our commitment to quality and professional development. Your training, development, and professional growth is important to us! As a CEU provider, you will have access to national speakers in the behavioral field and numerous opportunities to advance your knowledge base. You’ll also benefit from the opportunity to earn your Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Certification as well as 40+ hours of paid training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Most importantly, you’ll gain a rewarding experience helping children with autism and families reach their full potential.
Your First Month
Face-to-Face Group Training
- Orientation Part 1 covers AHSS-specific information, technology used, basic principles & strategies of ABA
- Orientation Part 2 covers more detailed ABA principles & problem-solving techniques
- Orientation Part 3 covers even more detailed ABA topics included in the RBT Task List and serves as a prep course for preparing to take the RBT exam.
- ABA principles & strategies (facilitated through Relias Learning)
- HIPAA training, information on abuse & neglect, and maintaining client dignity
- Handling bloodborn pathogens
- Meetings to review module & orientation content
- Paired client sessions to begin individualized training per client needs.
Ongoing Training Efforts
- Conducted by both team BCBAs and seasoned mentors to provide ongoing training & support during direct therapy implementation.
Demonstration- and discussion-based Competency Assessment gauges and develops team members in key areas:
- Preparation/Structure of Session- Notes, organization, pace, transition, breaks, engagement
- Table Work – Materials, use of SD’s, balance, consistency
- Prompting –Appropriateness, fading, avoiding inadvertent, correction procedures
- Data Collection – Data sheets, recording, flagging
- Reinforcement – Pairing, role of self, differential, labeling, intonation, body language, facial,“working for”, preparation, FUN
- Incidental Teaching/ Programmed Opportunities – Manding, intraverbals, environment, control of reinforcers, motivation
- Behavior Intervention